Sunday, August 07, 2005

John Roberts

From the moment President Bush nominated John Roberts for a position on the Supreme Court, for some reason, I have been unable to get worked up over it. I mean, he's probably a right wing nut job, but everything I've read about him serves to nullify some of my concerns. For the most part, he seems like a reasonable individual. He might be conservative, but it seems to me like he might actually decided each case on their merits, rather than on his ideology (ala Scalia or Thomas). I stumbled across this article which only serves to reinforce my original belief. Apparently Roberts did some minor Pro Bono work on the Romers vs. Evans case. A decision which struck down a Colorado constitutional amendment which sought to descriminate against gay people. Read the article, it's kinda interesting...

New York Times

No comments: