Thursday, February 16, 2006

Jetlag

Well I made it here. 24 hours later. Obviously I'm way too out of it to give you any kind of coherent post. So instead I'll post a couple of my observations from the trip over here:

1. The G terminal at Dulles is what I imagine the airport in Mumbai might look like. It was a total shitshow

2. 13.5 hours is way too long to be on a plane. Since my flight into JFK was delayed, I didn't have time to go and get any Tylenol PM. Consequently, I didn't sleep at all on the plane. It. Blew.

3. Tokyo is NUTS. Lots of neon lights. Lots of random freeways that are stacked on top of each other.

4. There are a ton of gadgets that do all sorts of stuff. The toilet for example has 8 buttons on it, on of which I think heats up the seat. However, these gadgets are useless to me since I don't have a clue what's written on them. Sidenote: I've developed a newfound respect for international symbols

That is all for now. Will write more later.

3 comments:

d-town said...

Two Things:

1) Anytime I fly home on a nonstop flight on United from Dulles, I'm flying out of that G concourse. I HATE HATE HATE it. One big, crowded room with complete shit for dining. Cincinnati's Delta Connection Terminal is the same setup.

2) I'm amazed that you took the time to look up a link for international symbols after being awake for so long.

Enjoy!

Bernie said...

I hope you found the Muslim Praying Area with no problems girl Come back to us in one piece, and with gifts!!

Anonymous said...

Press the pink one that looks like a woman getting a vaginal shower. That one is fun. Trust me.