Thursday, February 02, 2006

Eastward bound (though not as far)


I've finally gotten my tickets to go visit a friend in Brussels for a weekend at the end of March. Should be fun, although I have to say Brussels is not high on my list of favorite cities. Hopefully this time will be better than my last few times there. Granted, they were a number of years ago...

I've been meaning to do this for AGES but just never got around to it. I have a coupon for a free ticket on United that was going to expire...nothing like waiting till the last minute. Am flying non-stop both ways from Dulles. Well didn't relaly have a choice, since the ticket had to be on United, and they only have one flight to Brussels.

1 comment:

TOS said...

LOL - what is scary is that I did the exact same thing a couple years back. I had a credit of $400 on UAL and it was about to expire - so the only place I could go for that amount was BRU. I went for the weekend. It was ok - I'm not a fan of BRU either but Belgium is a-ok in my book! After all I am learning Dutch from the Flemish at the Belgian Embassy these days!

I'd take the train to Luik (or Liege in French) or Leuven (Louvain) and get outta Brussels - plus Flemish guys are HOT!