Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend Re-Cap

1. Friday night was lounging in bed, watchin TV and finishing up some work left over from earlier in the day. Kinda sucked.

2. Saturday I kidnapped Twin Sister on his way to the gym and instead we went to brunch at Trio's. Which, BTW, wasn't as bad as I remembered. Granted, the food wasn't great, but still, not as bad I thought it be. A good question to ask at this point might be, "If you were expecting the food to be bad, why did you go?" And my answer would be, "Meh, it's so damn convenient." Afterwards, we went to Universal Gear, then tanning, then to Filene's Basement. And let me tell you, Filene's might as well have been giving away free clothes the way people were tearing through the bins. It looked like a market in Mombasa on payday. Saturday night I went to a graduation party of a friend of the bf's. I had every intention of keeping it semi-low key. Well, you know what they say don't you? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I think it was shot number 4 of Captain Morgan that really tipped me over the edge. I should've know better. The Captain and I used to be BFF, until one day we hit a rough patch of seas and he threw me off the ship. On saturday night I tried to reconcile our differences, but it didn't really work out. The last thing I remember is talking to someone at the party, then I woke up at 7am face down in the bf's bed fully clothed (shoes, jacket, the works). See this is remarkable he had already left the party to go to Liquid Ladies with some lesbians. I still have no idea what happened in that space of time, and will probably keep it that way.

3. Sunday morning, woke up very confused, and with a hangover to rival the 7th circle of hell. Decided the best cure for that would be all-you-can-drink brunch at the Beacon. By three thirty, we'd had enough, and I went back to Twin Sister's and promptly passed out on his bed.

I've decided that this week is going to be booze free. Well ok, booze-lite. I need to let my liver reset itself.

1 comment:

d-town said...

Let me tell you something, watching Walk the Line while hungover is enough to make you not want to drink for a week (well, I made it four days). I loved the movie but watching Johnny Cash go through his addiction and withdrawal made me fell, umm, tained myself.

I'm glad my family doesn't drink so I'll have a fairly easy time staying booze free while at home.