Thursday, December 22, 2005

An interesting idea

I came across the blog of Justin, whom I met a few years ago in Ithaca, but has since moved here to DC. He has come up with a pretty nifty idea, one that I'm definitely inclined to support. Rather than oversimplify it here, this is how he described it in this blog entry:

In essence, I will be traveling around the country – to all 50 states – doing research and providing MeetJustin viewers with interviews and commentary on 4 blogs in areas I am passionate about: Gay, Community, Travel, and Women.

I will combine all technologies available to me – podcasting, video, moblogging, and good ol’ blogging – to provide a completely fresh and unique view on life in America.

I will follow the GAY movement across the country – what is the political support structure like – which cities are the best for gays – what unique ideas/programs are out there we don’t know about.

I will highlight COMMUNITY all across the country – who are our leaders today – what programs our helping/hurting our communities – what do Americans think about their country and the world today.

I will highlight my TRAVEL across the country – which places are hot and which are not – what is there to do in Salt Lake City from a local’s perspective – what city has the best food, fashion, and fun.

I will follow the WOMEN’s movement across the country – where are women making advances – how do women feel about different issues in different places – what opportunities and roadblocks are out there for women.

I have to give him some serious credit for actually doing something like this. Many people come up with great ideas, dreams, or goals, but never really work to carry them out. He, at least, seems to be making an effort. Anyway, take a look at the website if you get a chance, and I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this all works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I came here through him!

It is an amazing idea.