Monday, December 12, 2005

Polar Express

Normally I'd give you a weekend round-up, one hopefully filled with fun and booze. This weekend, however, was spent on a plane. Well, more precisly, six of them. My 30 hour trip to Alaska was pretty un-eventful. My plane to NY was delayed, of course. But not too much. Here are some highlights from the trip:

  1. There are some seriously hot guys in Alaska. Not really sure why. Maybe it's the rugged mountain man look or whatnot, but I noticed this as I was wandering around the airport (that's pretty much all I did while I was there). There are also several military bases nearby so maybe that had something to do with it.
  2. US Airways pretty much sucks. Three of my six flights were on US Airways, and all three of those flights were delayed. Moreover, the flight attendants just did not seem to want to be there. In contrast all of the United flights were on time, with generally happy crews that seemed to actually be enjoying what they were doing. Not to mention that United has Economy Plus (which makes a HUGE differnce), and channel 9 which lets you listen in on air traffic control. And since I'm a geek, this is a big deal to me.
  3. By flight number four, I was OV-ER-IT! I don't how people do it, but I defintiely don't want to have to do this again unless I absolutly have to. There are people out there that fly to Singapore, stay 7 hours, and fly back. They are crazy.
  4. Airport food really sucks. So does airplane food.
  5. Reading the latest issue of OUT on the airplane can often score you some free booze from the flight attendant (on two seperate flights for me).
  6. Alaska was warmer than DC. Seriously. It was 35 when I landed. Furthermore, Anchorage is actually a city. I guess I was imagining landing on some dirt airstrip in the frozen tundra, surrounded by igloos. Not the case.
  7. I didn't get to see the Northern Lights :-(
  8. The movie on my flight from Denver to Anchorage was Polar Express. Hmmm.
Sunday night went to JR's. Didn't end up staying too long as the BF had been there since 2 and was LOADED. The main reason I went was to demand my invite to the christmas party which never showed up in the mail. Grrrr. The party's tomorrow. Yea.

Oh, and I almost forget. Our office christmas party was on Friday at La Chaumiere. It was definitely some fun times, I drank alot but didn't make a fool of myself. Unlike one of my coworkers. She was pounding martini's like it was her J-O-B. I was almost going to say something to her but then figured it be more fun to watch the aftermath. I was right. By the end of the night we had move to a bar in Georgetown (I only stayed for one drink before I could catch the GT cooties), and she was making out with another girl (I think she did it for attention). I also am pretty sure our intern is gay.

1 comment:

TOS said...

Yeah I used to be able to do the flying all the time thing but nowadays a lot of the thrill is gone - but E+ rules! I am so glad I am flying to SFO nonstop from IAD - I may try to upgrade if my po Premier ass can find a sponsor for some upgrades from Flyertalk (unless you have some expiring! :-P)

Gurl how could you miss the White Party though :-P LOL