Monday, April 03, 2006

Where's Waldo

Hello Kiddies. Brussels has been great. Been around town, seen the sights, etc etc... My friend has been battling a sickness so we haven't really gone out much. Ok, at all. But it's all good considering I've been trying to destroy my liver the past few weekends. I'm writing this post from an Easy E in Amsterdam. Those of you who studied abroad may know what an Easy E is (easyInternetcafe). They are all over London and a couple of other cities. Anyway, my friend is home sick from work today and her husband had a bunch of errands to run so I decided to take a little side trip up here since I've never been before. That it only took me three hours by train is one of the neat things about Brussels. When I was trying to decide where to go I had so many options:

London: 2h 30m
Paris: 1h 10m
Cologne: 2h 20m (ish)
Amsterdam: 3h

Plus many other smaller cities...

Cologne was the cheapest but I'd been there before, London and Paris were not so cheap. So Amsterdam it was. Anyway time is running out. Hope you are all doing well. See you when I get back.

PS. Did you know that they sell shrooms in shops here. Legally. If I was into that sort of thing this would be really cool. But I'm not. So the novelty is lost on me.

PPS. Yes they also sell weed here in shops. Legally. But I knew that already. But I'm not really into that either.

Oh and one more thing. For some reason on this trip jet lag has been a bitch. Usually, coming to Europe, it doesn't really get to me. Those bi-monthly trips to Germany 2 years ago got me really used to it I guess. Been a while I suppose...

No comments: