Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One more thing...

Oh so I forgot to mention about my taxes. As you may recall I owed DC some money from last year and they decided to gank it out of my federal tax refund. Since they took ALL of my tax refund I figured I probably still owed them some money. Today, after having braved the D-40EZ I decided to bite the bullet and find out. At ten o'clock I cleared out my schedule for the next hour and picked up the phone. If any of you have at to deal with any level of the DC government (particularly the DMV) than you know that it's often easier, and more pleasent, to remove your own spleen with scissors and a butter knife. I very much expected to be on hold for a good 45 minutes only to have Ethel or Taikwondiesha pick up the phone and tell me I had dialed the wrong number (see above pic).

But, my friends, today was my luck day. After navigating the phone tree, surprisingly easy I might add, I was put on hold and told that my phone call would be answered in "two minutes." WTF, is this some fucked up April Fools joke? Sure enough 30 seconds later a lovely young woman answers the phone (see below pic) and is extremely helpful. "Yes you still owe us money, but it's only $9.30 so if your refund is greater than that [it is], you have nothing to worry about." Here's the kicker, at the end of the convo she actually said "have a nice day." I must be in the twilight zone, or I should really go play powerball.

1 comment:

d-town said...

i just passed a powerball sign that said that it's up to $220M, so maybe you should ... even lotto cynic taylor jean plays when it goes over $300M