Thursday, April 06, 2006

Jetlag

Well I'm back from my trip finally. Overall it was a pretty good time. As I mentioned before, I didn't really do too much. Except for my side trip to Amstredam. I have to say, it was a bit stange staying with my friend and her husband. She is the same age I am, 24, but they are definitely an old married couple already. Not the movers and shakers that we are here in DC. And they definitely don't drink nearly as much as we all do here. I knew this almost instantly when i got to their place and opened the fridge to see a half drank bottle of wine. Huh? I mean seriously, who opens a bottle of wine and doesn't finish it? Split between two people, a bottle of wine is only like 2 or three glasses each. That's barely buzz-worthy.

My other clue that they are an old married couple happened on Saturday night. Around 11pm. When they decided it was bed time. I don't really know what to say to that. In her defense, my friend was sick. And since her husband is w-h-i-p-p-e-d, he obvi wouldn't go out without her. Anyway despite all of this, it was still really great to see both of them.

Oh and a few quick comments on Brussels. I've reaffirmed my opinion that I really don't like the city. It's a dirty city, kinda like Paris. Dirty buildings, dog shit on the streets, non-existent customer service. If you are thinking of going there. Don't. It's not really worth it. And if you are looking for the French type of experience, you'd be much better off going to Paris (another city I'm not really fond of).

Side note: Kiat- I owe you a million thanks for the drink coupons, they made my flights bearable. And the people sitting next to me rediculously jealous. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only I can figure out how to cash those in at JR's!

P/S: You're welcome, dah-ling ;)