Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I am so smart. S-M-R-T

Yesterday I wrote about how my cell phone had almost died. I pointed out that the clear button and joystick didn't work, and that the phone likes to turn of randomly. Well, what I neglected to point out is that the clear button is also the power button. Now a smart person would have put two and two together and said. "Wait a second. Power button doesn't work. Phone turns off when it wants. I should really copy down my numbers and transfer them to the sim card so I won't lose them if the phone turns off and I can't turn it back on." We can obviously guess what happens next. Of course the phone turns off and I have no way of turning it back in. I thought I was up a creek.

Fortunately, the phone also like to turn itself back on randomly, as it did this morning, and I again have phone service. As soon as I get back from Brussels I'm def getting a new one. This leaves me in a bit of a dilemma. Do I just go for the free phone (my contract has been up for ages, remember the last phone was a boot-leg so didn't have to renew) or do I go for the new Slivr.

5 comments:

DC said...

I'm sorry I'm over the slivr, the razr is obviously superior.... testify.

d-town said...

are you with verizon or one of the GSM providers (cingular/tmobile)?

i have the verizon motorola e815 and am happy with it. it has a 3x zoom camera and takes videos. verizon didn't have the razr until shortly after i got my phone (which was last november). i don't know anyone who has the slivr ... isn't it only for cingular right now?

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

I have the Verizon RAZR. I know one friend with the SLVR and I didn't like it. I prefer a flip phone. I have another friend with the PEBL. The PEBL is cute. I'd probably get that if I was a Cingular person.

By the way, I love the RAZR but HATE HATE HATE the Verizon operating system they installed on it. It's slow and not user friendly. I debated long and hard taking it back, canceling my Verizon and going to Cingular. And decided service over features since I really only use my phone to text message.

TOS said...

wait a while, price will go down and new models are always risky... the last generation of treos have so many problems and people who snapped them up quickly got screwed...

if you want a vzw phone for free (used) lemme know i got one that you can have!

when are you going for brussels, will you buy some Flemish magazines for me?

Chris said...

Dale- I think I like the SLIVR better than the RAZR

Taylor- I have Cingular as I like GSM phones much better than CDMA. Being able to take my sim card out and use any phone I want is a big plus

Carrie- See I've never been a big fan of flip phones. I like the "candy bar" style so much better. Couldn't really tell you why though...

A-ron- Is the RAZR operating system really that bad? If that's the case I might pass on the SLIVR then as I'm sure the systems are similar.

TOS- Thanks for the offer on the free phone, have Cingular though so gonna have to pass...Will try and remember to pick you up some Flemish magazines