Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Afterschool Special

My ex-boyfriend, who I'm still very good friends with, arrived in New York City last night. I have to admit I'm definitely worried about him. You see, he grew up in a small town in Iowa, and while he was in the army for 4 years he's never really lived in a big city. I can just see the afterschool special now, small town boy moves to New York with wide-eyed wonder, ends up [insert appropriate addiction and/or taken advantage of story here].

He supposedly has a job but hasn't found a place to live yet. I asked him about that and he told me "don't worry, I'm sure I'll find something." Riiiiiiiiight. It didn't make me feel any better when, as I talked to him last night he was diving through New Jersey almost in the city, he told me "wow, I feel like I've been driving through "city" for ages and I'm not even in NY yet." I guess I really shouldn't worry. He, of all people, is the kind of person that could do something like drive into New York, with no place to stay and only a semblance of a job and come out of the situation fine. Besides, I told him if he couldn't find anything after a week or two he was welcome to stay with me in DC while he tried to find something. Still though, I can't help but be a bit worried...

No comments: