Wednesday, August 09, 2006

On the tip of my tongue...

Last night, as I was laying in bed slowly drifting off to sleep. I came up with a really good idea for a blog post. Unfortuntely I haven't a clue what that idea is anymore. Grumble. So instead, I'll just give you some randomness.

1. Though I was only sick for two weeks, I feel like I've been out of commission for months. It really is a wierd feeling. The sickness also causeed me to lose over 10 pounds. And I definitely didn't have 10 pounds to spare. Oh well, time to get back to the gym.

2. I am doing good with the not smoking thing. Occasionally I have a really big urge to fall off the wagon, but I've been pretty good (exception, JR's on a thursday night).

3. This summer has not been as fun as summers past. Not really sure why. Maybe it's because I'm so much busier than last year. Or have more responsibility. Or both. Who knows. What I do know is that momma needs a vaca. For like a week.

4. My 25th birthday is less than a month away (September 5th to be exact). I haven't a clue what I'm going to do for it. But unlike some people who approach their 25th with trepidation, I have none of these feelings. To me, it's just another year. With cheaper car insurance and rental car rates.

5. The new Beatport 3.0 beta is awesome. I already felt that Beatport was the best portal to buy music (not the stuff you'd find on iTunes though), but it's gotten even better. The site really does a great job of making browsing easy SO EASY! Plus Beatport has such a huge collection of music from house, to progressive, to hip-hop, d&b, minimal, trance, chill out, breaks, etc... (I promise I don't work for the site. I just REALLY like how easy it makes shopping for music).

6. I got my haircut today with someone other than my normal stylist. My normal stylist used to work at VSL salon but has since moved on. He left when I was so I wasn't able to find out where he was going. If you know where Bill from VSL went, please tell me. I will be your best friend! Anyway, so I went to someone new today. I told her that I had let me hair grow too long and I wanted it short. I guess in her mind short=military buzz cut. Cause that's what I have. Now before any of you snarky bitches say "well why didn't you stop her." I didn't have a chance. She took out the old buzzer and in one fell swoop, gone was my hair. And I was stuck with the length she had chosen for me. Oh well, lesson learned.

5 comments:

d-town said...

well at least it will be a while until you have to have your hair cut again, so maybe bill will show up somewhere. you and the BF are twins now!

Anonymous said...

Soooo great seeing you and the girls last night... gigglin like little tramps... Jackie B.

Hateful, Party of One said...

Next time I go see Curtis at VSL, I'll ask him if he knows where Bill went.

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Uh, VSL has got to be the worst salon in this city. After months and months of going and always getting what I thought was the worst haircut ever (until the next week when they'd cut it even worse), I finally said, no more! I now pay $20 more than VSL, but I'm never unhappy when I leave. It's worth it.

TOS said...

Gurl I love that you look forward to cheap rental cars just as I did when I turned 25! You do the travel nerd community much honor! :)