Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Back from the Brink

This past weekend was nice. Got to see my mom and some friends from high school. Didn't get to see my sister this time around, hopefully next time. The bf and his two friends all finished the marathon. For which a) they deserve many kudos and b) deserve to be certified by a mental health professional as crazy.

I am also no longer perched precariously on my death bed. I still have a cough which is bothering me, but at I don't have a the fevers or the chills or the aches and pains. I've also lost over 10 pounds in the last two weeks so I look kinda sickly. My clothes hang off me in a way they haven't in a long time. Will definitely need to be hitting the gym and gaining some weight in the next few weeks.

PS. It has been many days now since my last cigarette. For some reason today has been the worst in terms of cravings. But I have a solution. Everytime I want a cigarette I eat ice cream instead. It's worked so far today. This may also solve my weight loss problem.

3 comments:

TOS said...

Btw take your vitamins, you probably need your multi-v's and B vitamins especially since you been sick.

Hope you feel better!

Jack said...

Keep it up with the cigarettes. I stopped like that myself almost two years ago and have not missed it. Not only will you save your lungs, but a lot of money too!

djn said...

Nice site, Chris!

Hey -- a friend of mine just went in for a routine checkup and the doctor found a spot on his lung. After removing a chunk of his lung, he seems to be doing fine but it scared him enough to make him quite smoking after 30 something years. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you're able to kick the habit. Good for you for even trying!!