Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"I'm not a homophobe, I watch WNBA games..."

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillian's response after calling a journalist a "fag:"

"Guillen said that in his native Venezuela, that word [fag] is not a reference to a person's sexuality, but to his courage. He said he was saying that [journalist Jay] Mariotti is "not man enough to meet me and talk about [things before writing].''

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago." Read the complete story at ESPN.com.

That's like saying, "I don't hate straight people. I drink beer's once in a while and can fix a flat tire and one time in the car I turned up Bon Jovi really loud and sang along."

1 comment:

Karen said...

I somehow stumbled across your blog by clicking off a line from another....

your last quote is probably the funniest thing I have ever read.

Thanks for making me laugh so hard I spit iced tea all over my computer screen.