Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Randomness

How happy does it make me that the Dixie Chicks new album opened at number one on the Billboard music chart? Very. I look at it as a big eff you to middle america.

I really don't like the new metro voice. The first time I heard it was last night (tells you how much I ride metro). It just rubs me the wrong way.

I hate tourists. I hate everything that has to do with them. Tour buses, tour groups, matching t-shirts, bottles of white zin (I'm sure this is what they order when at the Hard Rock cafe or ESPN Zone), those stupid trucks that try and hawk 3 t-shirts for $10, and especially, I hate them on the metro. Ok, even though I don't ride metro anymore, I'm hating the tourists on it for you poor souls that do. Especially with their baby strollers and refusal to walk left/stand right, or block to entrance gates so you can't get through.

Today, according to the sign in the elevator, is National Leave Early from Work Day. I fully support this.
I'm a little confused as to they the Department of Homeland Security decided to cut security funding for New York and DC while increasing it for place like Sacramento, Kansas City and St. Louis. Oh and according to the Post, DHS has decided that there are "zero national monuments or icons" in New York City.

Tonight will be the first night spent at my new apartment. The bf and I are doing most of the moving tomorrow, but we're going to move a few necessities in tonight. If anybody wants to help out tomorrow, I'd be your best friend!!

Today is National Leave Early from Work Day. I fully support this.

No comments: