Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Weekend Review

I pretty much drank my way through this past weekend, starting on thursday night and ending on Monday morning.

Thursday: There was a Mean Girls reunion of sorts at JR's for all you can drink. Naturally we took the show on the road to the GL for Shirtless men free booze.

Friday: Went with Grace Jones, Twin Sister and Scott to Bethesda to go to an army surplus store to get an outfit for the evenings festivities. We figured it was a safer bet than the leather rack. When we got back, Twin Sister and I went to Titan to meet up with his new new potential bf. Lots of scary looking leather guys. I'd say about 1 out of 60 were cute. If that. After Titan we went over to the GL to meet up with Grace Jones. Lots more scary looking leather guys. Managed to get pretty drunk.

Saturday: Since the bf had to work, I came in to the office to mess around on the computer and finish up a couple of things. Twin Sister called me at 330 to tell me he was already at JR's. Showed up at JR's around 4 and left at 630ish after 6 drinks. Hmmm. For some reason I was on a mission to go to Cobalt that night. I guess I needed to remind myself why we don't really go there any more as it might as well have been Apex on a thursday. Lots of 21 y/o's running around shreeking and causing drama. That and the music BLEW.

Convo of the evening, Twin Sister to the DJ:

TS: Can you play Dirty Filthy?
DJ: No
TS (with a mean nasty expression on his face, half screaming): WHY NOT???
DJ: I didn't bring it
TS: Oh

Me (to TS): What did he say?
TS: DJ sucks balls said he didn't bring it.
Me: ummm, DJ sucks balls?



Sunday: Woke up (still kinda drunk) and met up with a bunch of people at the Beacon for all-you-can-drink (and eat) brunch. Left there and went to JR's around 630. Things get hazy around 9ish but I think we went over to the GL and then went back to JR's to finish off the night.

Some observations: Message to bears/leather guys. Just becuase you are fat and ugly does not mean you should take leave of your manners. An "excuse me" here and there is so much kinder than just barreling through the bar like you own the place. And don't even give me that look when my drink spills on you. Bitch you knocked into me, that's what you get.

I love brunch on Sunday's. It is so much fun to have nothing better to do than sit for several hours drinking, eating and catching up with friends, new and old.

I'm going to need a liver transplant by the time I turn 30.

Grace Jones and Twin Sister wanted to see what leather weekend was all about, and I figured I'd tag along. We were all OVER IT by Saturday.

No comments: