Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Metro Etiquette

So I'm on the metro coming back from the gym. Probably smelling a little funky and definitely looking like ass, when this guy comes and sits down next to me. I'd rate him a 5. Now, I'd like to point out that the metro is by no means crowded.

Anyway, as the train starts to move he spreads his legs wide open and leans back. Then he starts to move his leg, the one pressing against mine, very subtlety up and down. My 'dar hadn't really gone off, but I guess it's not perfect. It's now gotten to the point where I can't move my leg any further away, but I'm trying my hardest to pretend I'm not noticing all of this. After about three stops he finally gets the hint and moves to another seat. To top it off, when he moved I looked up and saw another (cute) 'mo sitting across the car. We made eye contact for a second, and, as he had witnessed this whole escapade, he just shook his head and started laughing. It's nice to know I wasn't imagining all of this.

So, words of wisdom for the day: Please do not try and pick me up on the metro. Especially if you're only a 5.

No comments: