Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Three Day Weekend!

I've decided that three-day weekends do some serious damage on my liver. On Saturday night the girls and I threw a party for Chocolatte, who has finally made the move to New York city. We are all, obviously, sad to see him go. And in true Mean Girl fashion, we threw one mean party to send him on his way. These fine ladies were in attendance as well. The true liver destroyer though was Sunday. Not quite sober from the night before, the girls and I decide to head over to the Beacon for all-you-can-drink brunch. Following that we head back to Twin Sister's place to relax and recuperate from brunch, and perhaps finish off a magum of Pinot Grigio between the two of us. It was at this point that things began to go sour. Twin Sister's bf, sensing that some of us were starting to drag, decided it would be a good idea to hand out Vivren (basically caffein pills). Two of these and a near-vomit at JR's later I realize I've had enough and head home to blissfully pass out. Only problem is, the vivren wouldn't let me pass out. So there I am, WASTED, but unable to pass out. I finally fall asleep like 4 hours later and wake up to a rediculous hangover. The result of all of this? I'm swearing off booze for a bit. Now don't worry kiddies, it'll only be a week or two. But I think we all out-did ourselves this weekend and, for me at least, I need a teeny tiny break.

2 comments:

d-town said...

beacon was awesome and desi can treat a girl right.

when faced with fatigue, some people take vivarin, and others pass out for 3 hours like a senior citizen after a shuffleboard tourney.

Hateful, Party of One said...

Apparently I didnt see you all weekend or what?