Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Flowers in your hair

I was in San Francisco this past weekend, visting with the family for mother's day. The bf came with me and met my mother for the first time. It went really well, not that I had any doubts though. Sadly though the trip really didn't feel like a vacation. Flew out on Friday evening and back here on monday morning. BTW, the travels on monday were a serious clusterfuck. I guess I don't usually travel on monday morning's when lots of business men and women take flight to their jobs. Note to the wise, avoid it like the plague. A bumped flight and three stand-by lists later I finally made it home (although I did get a free ticket out of the deal).

Side note: I was, remakably, booze free this weekend.

Second side note: Driving back from the metro station with my mom and the bf, we were on the freeway when two motorcycles sped past us at about 85 miles an hour. One of them was doing a wheelie and fell off of his bike and slid across three lanes of traffic. Barely being missed by other cars. Luckily he didn't get hit, and managed to stand up (but then fall back down), so he wasn't dead. Still though, it kinda shook me up for the rest of the day with lots of thoughts of our own mortality...

Anyway sorry for the Debbie Downer moment!

3 comments:

JP said...

I hate it when you witness that sort of crap. I really makes you think about the stupid risks we take on a daily basis...for no reason at all other than to be on time, or to get to the cleaners before they close, or to make at least one round while it's still happy hour and then you might have the outside chance of getting "grand-fathered" in. Wiat that last one ain't so dumb.

d-town said...

three standby lists? you should have gotten two tix or one first-class.

well with the price of airfares nowadays one is still a godsend.

TOS said...

Bumped flight?! I hope they sent you back in 1st class too... did you try to bargain for a credit voucher instead of the free flight? They used to do that and now they are so stingy.

United is seriously pissing me off these days... Besides the whole MP Visa "Choices" program they also were generally horrible when my flight to BOS missed the approach (read: almost hit the ground) and diverted to PVD... what a nightmare... thankfully I got a nice middle seat on a earlier flight on the way home...

When did flying become so utterly un-fun!