Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend Round-Up

As perdicted, this weekend was filled with booze and hangovers. Overall it was a great time, although I don't think I've taken so many Advils in a single weekend before.

Thursday night: We all gathered at JR's for Bernie's B-Day, which happily coincided with $9 all-you-can-drink. I made the mistake of not eating before hand. I've made this mistake before, and it is n-e-v-e-r pretty. There really isn't much to report on. Probably because there really isn't much I remember. I do know that I woke up at Brian's with my hand in a McDonalds bag and an iron grip on some stale french fries. Cute, I know.

Firday Night: Take Thursday night and wash, rise, repeat. Friday was Nick's birthday which meant that he got to decide where we would go that night. His decision? The Common Share in Adam's Morgan. If you know me, you'll know that there is nothing more that I hate than a night out in Adam's Morgan. So I was less than thrilled at his choice. Twin Sister and I decided that clearly there is no way we can get out of it so we might as well make the best of it. A magnum of La Contessa pinot and a half bottle of vodka later, we figured it might not be that bad. We headed to JR's for a quick top off before heading to Adam's Morgan. I have to say, the pregame booze definitely did the trick because the Common Share was not as bad as I had remembered. I reached my limit at a relatively early midnight and had to check myself out of the party.

Saturday was Bernie and Nick's b-day brunch out at Bernie's parents house. Now mind you, Bernie's parents live out it Stickville so brunch was an all day experience. Brunch was fun, filled with tons of food and drink. However, getting to brunch was not so fun. Saturday night I decided to go to Nation with Chuck. My first time there since July. I ended up having a pretty decent time. A bunch of people I haven't seen in a while were there, and we definitely danced it up until 5 in the morning. Which is remarkable considering the DJ blew.

Sunday: Didn't do one damn thing.

No comments: