Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rite-Aid

I just ran across the street to rite-aid to buy cigarettes. I was in a hurry but there was only one person in line so I figured I could wait. I get behind the woman and stand there for a few before I realize that she has two shopping baskets filled with things. Now I've seen people before in rite-air stock up on candy for the office, or buy a couple of toiletries, but this woman was full-on grocery shopping. In Rite Aid! WTF? I mean she had toilet paper, cans of soup, cereal, milk, aluminum foil (who knew), the whole bit. Of course there was only one register open and the women behind it was in no kind of hurry. Bitch this is rite-aid. Seller of cigs, candy and perscriptions. If you want to get your shop on, go to Giant.

3 comments:

Jack said...

I've noticed the same stuff - and it is always when you are 1). In a rush, and 2). Buying just one damned thing. The only thing to make it worse is if they then need to write a check. I mean, who does that anymore, doesn't everyone have check cards?

Mr. Bartender said...

The same day I read your Rite-Aid rant I get stuck in a Rite-Aid line behind a woman buying a cart full of oodles of various types of candy, kool aid, cake mix and lemon lime soda. All paid for courtesy of her Food Stamps Card.

All I wanted was my mint-cookies-n-creame Ben & Jerries comfort night food.

Chris said...

Mr. Bartender, Just be glad you weren't stuck at the Rhode Island Ave. Giant when someone is trying to pay with their EBT. It gets real nasty. "Whatchu mean I can't put jumbo shrimp on my E-B-T!!"