Sunday, October 09, 2005

Show me the miles!

United has announced two Mileage Plus promotions: Earn 25,000 miles or 25% of in Washington DC, and Earn 36,000 miles or 20% off on the West Coast. Basically, if you fly four roundtrips out of DC before February 15th you earn 25,000 bonus miles or a 25% off e-certificate. From past experiences I've found the e-certs totally useless, but 25,000 miles will definitely come in handy. The second one, if you fly 8 roundtrips to or from the west coast you earn 36,000 bonus miles (or an e-cert), four roundtrips gets you 10,000.

The general consensus on Flyertalk is that you can combine the two, this means that if I fly 4 roundtrips from DC to the west coast before Feb 15 I get 35,000 bonus miles!! HOT. Let's see, Thanksgiving, Christmas, LA at the beginning of November, and I'm sure I can fit another trip in there in January if not before. Finally some serious bonus action I can use!

PS. I'm sure most of you reading this coudn't give a shit, which is fine. But then I don't want to hear you bitch and moan next year when I jet off somewhere exotic.

No comments: