Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Flight Back

My trip back from Sweden overall wasn't so bad. Although it did take me nearly twenty four hours... However, one particular flight, from Frankfurt to Toronto was horrible. When I got on the plane I felt like I stepped off the jetway and into Little Abuja. There were kids running up and down the aisles. Families (you know, grandma, grandpa, ma &pa and their 8 kids) screaming at each other in a thousand different languages trying to find their seats. Not to mention the fact that they packed their entire wardrobe and though they could carry it on the plane, and then complain when their steamer won't fit in the overhead bin. There might as well have been chickens running around, it would've completed the scene of a third world country. My conversation with the flight attendant went something like this.

FA: Sir, can I get you something to drink?
Me: Sure, I'd like two valiums and a vodka tonic to wash it down.
FA: Hmm, not sure I have that on the cart. Why, you don't like to fly?
Me: Flying's not the problem. (then points to the chaos all around)
FA: Oh, right. Well I might be able to find a Tylenol PM
Me: Your an angel!!

Sure enough, about 5 mins later she came back with a Tylenol PM. Made the flight SO much better. I know patience is a virtue, but I really don't have any when it comes to people that don't know what their doing when traveling. It's why I hate flying in the summer, all those people that only do it once a year. In the winter, it's so much more effiecient.

No comments: