Monday, July 24, 2006

Super Trooper

Well, I'm still sick. And not really any better than I was last week. I've made it a bunch of days now without smoking so that urge has finally passed. I am, however, starting to get a little concerned about this respiratory infection. I mean, it's been over seven days and I really don't feel any better. In some ways, I feel like a 75 year old grandma, one that needs to pause while walking up the steps, or gets winded walked to the kitchen. Yep, that'd be me. Then there's this horrible cough. It just won't go away. Sometimes it's fine, but others it creeps up on me and won't let go until I'm on the floor curled up barely able to breath.

But anyway, all of this is beside the point. I've realized two things this past week 1) I'm not as young as I used to be and 2) I've got the most amazing bf ever. I knew, even before I was sick, that I had the most amazing bf but this past week just drove it home for me. He has been an amazing trooper: running to the store, cooking dinner, taking care of me, etc while I wake him up in the middle of the night with my coughing fits and leave half empty cups of water all over the place. I'm sure he's just as fed up with this illness as I am but he hasn't said a word of complaint (ok, maybe one or two). I can't tell him enough how much I appreciate everything he has done for me this past week and I hope he knows that I haven't taken any of it for granted...

3 comments:

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

This shit is going around, just FYI. I had the worst congestion for two weeks and still do not feel 100%. A lot of coworkers are going through it as well. One ended up in the hospital last Friday it got so bad.

Let's hope it isn't bird flu or we're all doomed.

Anonymous said...

i'm nominating brian for sainthood ;-)

when are you going to sf?

TOS said...

Boo had it too and it took a couple weeks and antibiotics to go away! Keep up the good work with the smoking and for god's sake stay away from Jr's at all costs!