Thursday, July 20, 2006

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Well kiddies, this recent viral respiratory infection that I have has prompted me to try and quit smoking. That's right, I had my last cigarette on Tuesday afternoon. While it seemed like a good idea at the time, obviously I was delerious with fever. Seriously, what was I thinking?

Internal Monologue:
-Gee Chris, the sorry state of your lungs at the moment and your inability to walk to the kitchen, let alone the corner 7-11 to by a pack of cigarettes, really gives a great opportunity to quit smoking.
-That's a good point! I mean the fever, chills, sore joints, fatigue, general feeling of being in the 5th level of hell isn't enough. Let's kick it up a notch or two and go for level 7, we might as well add all the symptoms of nicotene withdrawal.

Well anyways, a day and a half later and so far so good. However, I'd really like to either a) sleep for the next 48 hours until this withdrawal goes away or b) slit my wrists.

PS. Obvi I'm to be avoided for the next day or two as I'll be liable to say nasty things to you that I'll regret later.

2 comments:

DC said...

oooh congrats lady!! I just passed the one month mark! it gets easier... just drink away your pain.

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Ugh. That's really all I can say.

Ugh. I love smoking.