Monday, September 26, 2005

This weekend

I just got back this morning from spending the weekend in San Francisco. Yes. I did take the red-eye. And yes, it did suck. This time wasn't as bad though as I had a bulkhead row with TONS of space.

The trip didn't get off to suck a great start. I was supposed to leave thursday night (at 955) but as I was getting ready to leave work I got a text message from United, "plane departs 1030." Hmmm, delayed a half hour, that's not so bad. then I got another one "plane departs 1100." OK that's a bit worse. I decided to call and the conversations went like this:

Me: Hi, I'm booked on delayed flight xxx from IAD-OAK, I see online that the delay is due to a late arriving aircraft. Has the plane even left the place it's coming from.
Agent: Ummm....let me check *tap tap tap* ummm....no.
Me: Since I have no desire to trek all the way out to Dulles only to have the flight cancelled on me. Can you put me on a flight tomorrow morning.
Agent: Sure. No problem

Great, so I'm scheduled for 8 the next morning. Now most smart people would take this extra time and maybe eat a nice meal and go home and go to bed. Not me. I of course called Chuck to see which bar I should meet him at. Three shirtless-men-drink-free drinks later I was WASTED. So of course I don't wake up until 7. Run out of Chuck's apartment (forgotting to reset his alarms or lock the door) and haul ass to the airport. Knowing full well I'll never get there in 20 mins I called again and got rebooked for a flight at 845 (I heart United). Now picture this: Still drunk me literally running through the airport, carry on over my head, knocking people out of the way trying to get to my flight. I made my flight *phew* and managed to get home to SF relatively on time. I'd normally bitch about how the person next to me smelled like 3 day old tuna casserole, but I probably smelled like a bottle of Zelko so who am I to say.

The rest of the trip was awesome. Nick and I both crashed on friday at like 930. We were gonna try and go out but it just didn't happen. On Saturday we drove up to Napa and went to some wineries. Ok, winery. We stopped at a mall for some sun glasses and two hours, two pairs of jeans, and two button-ups later we finally get back on the road- with only enough time for the Mondavi winery. Still it was nice.

On Saturday night we took a whirlwind tour of SF gay bars. Some highlights:
  1. Rapunzel and his polyester suit at Mix asking if we had some ganja (duh, I only do uppers).
  2. Way too many ugly lesbians at The Cafe
  3. Long Islands at Daddy's (it was only downhill from there)
  4. Reggae at The Endup (now if we had been smart, we would have noticed the sign that said, "Raggae until 5am" and turned around and left.
  5. Two redbulls and two hours with Manny Lehman at Mezzanine (remarkably, sans said uppers).
All in all I had an awesome weekend hanging out with Nick!


No comments: