So I realize I dropped off the face of the earth there for a minute. I'll try and update a bit more regularly now that work has died down. As some of you probably know, every three months, for about three weeks, I get super busy as I have to send out a ton of quarterly reports to clients. Anyway, lots of things to catch you up on. In no particular order:
1) I'm in Los Angeles at the moment. Have been here all weekend but will be returning to DC tonight on the red-eye. Side note: I HATE red-eyes but they are just too damn convenient. Especially for those of us that are a little bit poor on vacation days. The weather here has been phenominal! Yesterday my friend and I went up to Malibu to hang out at the beach for a bit. After that we came back and went to the refurbished Griffith Observatory. It was neat, but there were WAY too many kids around.
2) Halloween (the actual day) wasn't very eventful. Grace Jones nd I played Civilization (shut up, bitches!) and then went to JR's. We only stayed for about 10 mins as it was a SHIT SHOW in there. Haven't seen it that crowded in ages. Line of the evening:
Grace: I see a lot of zombies in here...
Oh wait...those are trolls.
3) The Saturday before Halloween, Taylor Jean, Twin Sister and I headed up into the stix for a party hosted by this guy. Despite the great distances involved, we had a great time. At least from what I can remember. Towards the end things get a bit hazy. Why were things "hazy" you might ask? Well obviously we drank at the party. But not enough to be as wasted as I was. You see, sometime around 3 pm Twin Sister phoned me and the following conversation ensued:
Twin Sister: Hey girl, I'm bored. What are you doing?
Me: Not much, just doing a bunch of laundry. Why, what did you have in mind?
TS: Meh, I don't know. I have a half-handle of vodka here. I could bring it over and we can have afternoon tea?
So Twin Sister comes over, and of course we finish off the half-handle of vodka. And then some. Taylor Jean also stopped by and after we finished off the booze, headed to El Tamarindo for dinner (more drinks there), and then the party. El Tamarindo, BTW, isn't half bad.
4) As I mentioned before, I was in New York a few weeks ago to hang out with the BBC, among others, and to see Tom Stephan. Tom Stephan was obviously out. of. control. Crobar is an awesome space, with a great sound system. Top that off with fierce beats and you hae the recipe for a great time. Since this post seems to be all about posting conversations, let me offer you another one. This one takes place on Tom Stephan's message board:
[Miscellaneous message about the fun times deleted, not important to this post]
Thanks for the good times!
PS. Two quick questions: Can you tell me what the second song is on your AgeHa podcast? And pretty please can you tell me what remix of Diddy-Come To Me you played Sat night?
the second track on radio chumbo 2 is a mashup of the classic strictly rhythm track "raise your house" and "sexy f*ck". and that was the ATFC remix of Diddy handed to me by Diddy himself- did you see him up by the booth?
Hope to see you at Cielo in December!
Say what? Umm, nope. Didn't see him. Def missed that one. Was standing right there too. But as Grace so elequently commented: "Ya, Diddy could've walked right up and shook my hand and still I wouldn't have known..."
5) I'm trying to think if there is anything else. Got some new stuff for the house. The bf and I hit a bump but now we are ok and still going strong. No other big trips planned until Christmas when I go home to SF. Then of course there is Australia and New Zealand in March. Can't wait!